Receive periodic news and updates relating to SpringerOpen.
Search information pages
1. What is Energy, Sustainability and Society?
The economic, social and cultural development of human society is highly dependent upon a consistent supply of energy. Sustainable development is therefore only possible, if our society attempts to find and implement environmentally compatible, socially acceptable and economically viable means to acquire its energy services. This challenge requires systemic and holistic innovations that include a sustainable supply of resources, the development of highly efficient technical solutions and the adaptation of energy systems to the environmental, economical and cultural context as well as the social and political framework to enable sustainable energy systems to be implemented for the welfare of mankind.
The aim of the new journal is to provide an international and interdisciplinary forum for the discourse between natural scientists, engineers, social & political scientists as well as experts from industry who drive the innovation of sustainable energy systems. It is the particular aim of this journal to publish articles extending across different disciplines and providing a substantial contribution to the holistic innovation of these energy systems.
In line with the goal of this journal to offer an interdisciplinary forum of discourse for systemic energy innovation, the scope of the journal encompasses the whole innovation process ranging from scientific research to innovative approaches for technology implementation and the analysis of economic, social and environmental impacts of sustainable energy systems. Main emphasis will be placed on articles addressing complex issues with innovation potential at the interface between technical solutions, their implementation and their social, environmental and economic impacts.
All articles are available online, and in addition the website offers many other services:
- Quick and advanced search facilities.
- RSS feed, to deliver our latest articles directly to your news headline reader.
- Email articles directly to your friends and colleagues.
- Post a comment on an article, to add your opinion.
For details of the scope and types of article published by Energy, Sustainability and Society see About Energy, Sustainability and Society
- What is Energy, Sustainability and Society?
- Why submit to Energy, Sustainability and Society?
- What is Open Access?
- If my article is published, how will it be cited?
- If my article is published, which bibliographic databases will it be indexed in?
- How can I order reprints?
- What is the copyright policy of Energy, Sustainability and Society?
- Do I need permission to reproduce materials published in Energy, Sustainability and Society?
- What are the benefits of registering on the journal website?
- Is there a printed version of the journal?
- How can I ensure that I receive Energy, Sustainability and Society's emails?
- What is SpringerOpen?